Monday, September 21, 2009

John Jamali Cosmic Deep Mix




Direct Link

Direct Download

Here is a live mix I did at a party a while ago, the booth had a pair of Behringer truths and I am still surprised at how loud I was able to get them cranking. It was almost sufficient to actually use to monitor the main system ahhaahha, ok well that is an exaggeration, ‘almost’ being the key word.

I recently went back to this venue and they had removed their 1200 mk11's - what a shame. I decided to upload this on divshare as a few of you were asking for it. This time I have included a proper track listing. This turned out to be quite a lengthy process. I physically had to dig through my collection and locate potential records that could have been used. Once I did this I went through at least 50 records until I found the right tracks in the mix. Recovering the record itself was not the problem, trying to actually figure the individual track is where I got stuck. I am the sort of guy that visualises music by cover art so locating the actual track names ended up to be quite a tedious task. However, some things just have to be done, I hope those of you asking for the track i.d of the last tune are happy now ;).

1) Domu - Dub Journey
2) Dubious - The One Spot
3) Domu - Dub Journey
4) Dubious - Deco Drive
5) Randaberg Ego Ensemble - Vestamaran (Prins Thomas Diskomiks)
6) Lindstrom & Prins Thomas -Forelopig Bit
7) Ytre Rymden Dansskola - Madgadrag
8) Lindstrom & Prins Thomas - Turkish Deligh
9) Kusjid Olaus - Vestamaran
10)The Earons - Land of Hunger
11)Faze Action - Spark (Dub Mix)
12)Fab Tack- House of Funk
13)Faze Action - Hypnotic
14) Groove Armada - The Girls (Greg Wilson Version)
15) Victor - Dance Connection
16) Dance Connection - Marimba Walk (John Groves/Dirk Steffens)

Discogs - Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas - Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas. Some pearlers from Lindstrom & Prins Thomas, awesome modern cosmic tunes are packed into this LP. It got my head turning!

Discogs - Domu - Discotech EP II.Domu brings back some quality deep house with this release.

Discogs - The Earons - Land Of Hunger. A suprise record I picked up at a garage sale from an old dude living in a mansion in Brighton, purchased purely for the cover but turned out to be quite the number.

Discogs - Groove Armada - Greg Wilson Versions. Finally, another one to look out for (limited to 300 copies). Nice one GREG! Although, are they really much different from the originals?

No comments:

Post a Comment