Sunday, August 16, 2009

Party Mix





Direct Download

A disco party mix. Loads of classic party jams (both new and old). I end the mix with downtempo hip hop/trip hop. Sorry for some of the average mixing and slip ups. I was just having way too much fun listening to these jams. Promoters take note, I can mix better! hahaha, ;)

This tracklist will take me a while to formulate, to be honest most of the tracks I know only from the covers and not by name. Well, I know which record it is from, but as I play 2 tracks from most of the eps I do not know which track is which. Regardless, I will give you links to discogs of some of the special ones as per usual.

Discogs - Blackdisco - The Soft Rocks EP - A KILLER unofficial disco/cosmic release. In fact, so unofficial that it is labelled as a 45, when really it should be played on 33. I do no know if this is a faulty press but some of the tracks sound a bit too slow on 33 and too fast on 45. I played 3 tracks from this ep, all tracks have a different vibe and are all equally good. A recommended buy. If anyone knows if these tracks are new, represses, edits or whatever, let me know. I have been buying lots of new music recently only to find out that they were not in fact newly produced but just repressed or edited.

Discogs - Phoreski - Slow Me Down. This record reminds me so much of this guys work. Check out his blog, he is an aussie producer and dj who puts out great stuff. JulienLove - I highly recommend it.

Discogs - Hercules And Love Affair* - Blind - Frankie Knuckles on the remix treatment on this nice tune. I know this one is new (yes 2007 is new) but you never know if it has been covered from an older track

Discogs - Trouble funk - supergrit. Playful happy funk. This track should brighten up anyone's day.

Discogs -Orient Express - Shine On - This one I picked up during one of my digging trips at a local locksmith who also sells records. Really nice 80s track. I am not too sure if this had commercial success in the 80s.

Discogs - Magnifique - Magnifique - In my last mix I played part 1, this mix features part 11. Reissue of a very sexy disco/italo record from 79.

Discogs - Nightmares On Wax - Thought So ... - Towards the end where I play trip hop few of the tunes are from this album. Trip hop with a funky vibe, get on it!

And of course classics from the Gap Band, Rick James - Give it to me, Grandmasterflash - White lines, The Brothers Johnson - Lets Swing/Stomp and of course the main man Gino Soccio.

3 comments:

  1. nice blog, cool snaps and good information

    ReplyDelete
  2. PHORESKI an aussie? where did you get that information from??????

    he's from the UK and here is a link to his blog,

    cant wait to tell him!

    http://fatfukrecordings.oki-ni.com/

    nice blog btw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt say his aussie, I said that record reminds me alot of julien loves work and I then put a link to julienloves (the australian guys) blog. Check out some of Jloves tunes -amazing. They are getting released soon -

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH-VYQT4584&feature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1M5b4N8Ce8&feature=related

    you dont think that deep boogie sounds like PHORESKI's work? Two artists making killer tunes, we need more of this stuff

    ReplyDelete